Here we go.

23 September 2011

WORK WANTED

So, I'm actually going through a bit of a crisis right now.  I just learned that my salary will be deeply slashed.  The calm is wearing off and I'm feeling like a lunatic right now.  Have any of you felt the effects of the economy yet?  We've had some pains, but they were relatively minor.  I thought we were doing slightly better than o.k.  How are you dealing?

I know that I'm going to have to get a second job.  There's really no way around it.  I'll do it, of course, but it makes me weary just thinking about it.  It's time for me to get real about a lot of things, not just finances. 

Frankly, I thought my position was a little more secure than most, but the way our economy is now, I guess any job is at risk, even essential government ones.

I don't really know what else to say about it.  

2 comments:

nicole said...

I'm so sorry... we have DEFINITELY felt the effects of the economy - ever since Jim was laid off from his salaried job. IT IS NO FUN. But I feel so lucky to have my full-time, salaried job; it keeps us afloat. If I hear of anything promising for you, I will send leads your way. Hang in there. xo.

AMD & KMHD said...

Thank you, Nicole. I feel confident that we'll make it.

Blog Archive